So you want to start a Charity?
There are several things to consider when setting up at charity. Getting the right advice should be number one on the list. You will need to gain the understanding required to consider the type of charity you should establish; ensuring that your charity meets public benefit requirements, and many other factors. What if you are the faith-based charity? What extra hurdles do you need to negotiate? At GoodtoGive we have the technical knowledge to assist you.
Things to consider when setting up a charity
- Create a group of individuals who share the same passion and desire, out of this may come the trustees. Ensure you have thought about the charitable public benefit that this group will provide.
- Know how you will be funded. Where is the money coming from to make the organisation sustainable?
- Decide on the legal form of the organisation
- Adopt the rules that the charity will abide by
- Collect evidence of your activities
- Have a bank account in the name of the organisation
We can help you select a structure that works for your charity
- Partnership and Limited Liability Partnership
- Limited Company (Limited by Guarantee, No share capital)
- Community Interest Company (CIC)
Why use GoodtoGive to setup your charity
We have been working within the third sector, setting up charities for many years gaining all the necessary experience to guide you through this process. In principle the process is straight forward, in practice there is more work than meets the eye and can be daunting.
At GoodtoGive we are able to assist you through the whole procedure required to start a charity, public benefit, What legal form to adopt, advice on opening bank accounts, statutory accounts, all the elements that can prove to be time-consuming for individuals that wish to contribute to their community via a charity, and are not from a legal or financial background.
In our experience you want to use your time carrying out your charity’s aims and objectives and do not want to be burdened with the responsibility of having to know the latest legislation and financial requirements for registering a charity.
Our team of experts will ensure you are making informed decisions using our comprehensive service to assist trustees through what would otherwise be an onerous task.
Stay in touch with us
020 7731 2041
London, W5 1DT